Wednesday, July 04, 2012

The New Sexy

As I passed the mirror this morning this is what I saw through my hazy glasses:

A dirty, out of shape t-shirt with antibiotic drips, snot, and spit up which was covering a very out of shape body. Mix in a little sweat, a shiny face, and wild hair.

I laughed to myself and thought this is the reason I don't always feel so sexy. Then I decided to take a shower. Usually cleaning a person up helps some but midway through my shower I was interrupted by a kid who should have been napping. Miller had to poop. Not only poop, but carry on a conversation with me while I tried to shave my legs and finish my shower.

Finally I got him back in bed and proceeded to put on some makeup. I composed this post several ways in my head but the same message I came back to...regardless of how I look, I know my boys love me and they don't care if I jiggle when I laugh or if I have spit stains on my shirt. That my friends is the new sexy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home