Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Trip Recap

Last Thursday I headed to MN to visit my sister (with my mom). Before I left, Ryan and I took the morning to register the kids at their new daycare. Then we went shopping for Miller's birthday presents. We had a quick lunch and then I was off.

Thursday night we grabbed supper and drinks. Friday, we met my high school friends for lunch; Penny, Bridget, Sheryl, and Michele, at Michele's restaurant. It was great to catch up with them and also had some fantastic pizza. Yum. I may have to have Michele ship me some. It was a cross between Dave's and Giovanni's. Afterwards, Bridget came with us to do some shopping and touristy stuff near Emily's house. The theme of the weekend was visit Target and eat. We had great Thai food that evening topped off by local homemade ice cream. We ran to Target that night and were pleasantly suprised to find out they were open to 11 and not 10 (we got there at 9:50).

Saturday was gloomy / rainy. We had planned on going to an art museum but my sister's naming convention and my lack of searching skills landed us at an Art Institute. Since we had already paid to park, we walked downtown and had a drink and some food. Emily's order was screwed up and instead of a normal beer, she ended up with a KING size beer. For a girl who just got done saying beer makes her feel ill, it was rather funny. In between rain drops, we headed over to Target.

That evening we met Emily's boyfriend at another bar. We were told to be on our best behavior. We were but I think we still embarrassed Miss Sensitive. The boyfriend was nice. He survived meeting us without too much pressure. We also watched a freshly 21 girl go from normal to sick drunk in less than an hour. Then we witnessed a 21 for the third time around (aka old lady) also get snockered.

Sunday was nice so we headed to the Walker sculpture walk and then over to Lowry Park. Before that, we had lunch at a place that served cheese curds. My trip had been complete. Anything after that was a blur due to cheesy goodness in my belly. We took a tour around the surrounding lakes and then people watched some more. We ended the evening with a trip to Target and watched a movie at Em's house.

The weekend was great. I had fun with my family but missed my boys. They skyped a couple times and Miller talked to me on the phone. Ryan survived as a single parent and the house was still standing when I got home.

As you can see, I had no camera. I think we got a couple pics on Em's phone or my mom's camera. Maybe I will add them if they send me a copy.

2 Comments:

At 12:23 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Glad you had a fun trip!

 
At 12:53 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Sounds like a fun time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home