Sunday, October 25, 2009

Busy Weekend

I have been a busy beaver. It all started with packing my shiz up at work this week. We moved to another building (I will have to go in early Monday to start unpacking so I can at least find my docking station). Friday was dentist day. I have been a very bad human and missed all my appointments since Miller was born. I didn't fair too bad (a little more scraping than normal) but all checked out cavity free. They did want me to come back and have some glue removed but I think I am going to cancel that appt and see what they say 6 months from now.

Saturday I trimmed all the plants/bushes out front. They were out of control again. Then I headed to the eye doctor for my annual appt. I don't know how to describe this one but the doctor said I was over prescribed and cut my prescription in half. I am on a trial pair of contacts and have already ordered new lenses for my glasses. I am pleased to know that she identified this problem but also wonder if I am really seeing as well as I had been. I really hate to think that for the last 8 years my regular eye doctor has been wrong. I wonder what damage she has caused...

I met Jess for a very late lunch. We had great Greek snacks at a local restaurant. Caught up on all the things we girls chat about and then headed home for some time with my boys. Then we went to Amy and Pete's for dinner. They made a good roast but I was still full from my late lunch. Miller tested my stair climbing abilities. Up and down, up and down, up and down...you get the picture.

Today I was up and bleached my bathroom floor (later on I did the entry way), cleaned out the fridge, put groceries away, cleaned up the kitchen, worked on my resume (thanks for the tips Emily), cleaned the house, returned a bad Halloween costume to Target, made a trip to the liquor store, and then finally found a Halloween costume.

There was a new store that opened near us (a division of Spencer Gifts). It was great to browse but since I was last minute, I couldn't purchase a ton and then return the ones I didn't want. I had to try them on in the store. It was a makeshift dressing room with a small plexiglass mirror. I had to lift it up to see myself and had a hard time seeing what was really going on. In true Erin fashion, of the 6 outfits I tried on, I picked the one that was the most expensive plus it required a few accessories. This killed me as I would have rather spent the money on shoes, a purse, or new clothes for work or play. Why do my friends all have to dress up and celebrate Halloween with a bang? Maybe next year we can make a pack to all wear jeans and a Halloween themed t-shirt. I shouldn't complain because I always have a great time.

Miller tried his outfit on today and looked adorable. Now we just have to wait a few more days to dress up and trick or treat. I didn't get him a basket this year because I don't think he needs any candy. The one I really wanted to get, Ryan made me feel like a lame "girly" mom about so I didn't get it. Maybe next year. We aren't dressing up in a theme that matches. It would be fun and probably one of our last chances before he figures out he has a say in the matter but we just didn't coordinate (I know, we live together and see each other every day...).

Anyhow, that's all for now. I have 200+ emails in my inbox for work and need to start taking a stab at some of them. It's going to be a hectic week. Time to start drinking wine.

1 Comments:

At 7:33 PM , Blogger Jess said...

That does sound like a busy weekend! Glad you found a costume though. Now, I just need to decide on one...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home