Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Day 1 of Many

I layed out my clothes last night, set up the workout stuff, and went to bed. At 5am, I rolled out, got dressed, and realized all the Wii remotes were dead. I kept the will power going and found 2 batteries to get one remote working. The balance board can wait. I did it. I successfully worked out in the morning before work.

Now, check out this from an email chain I received yesterday. Makes me kinda rethink this exercise thing.

"We are in an age when media puts into our heads the idea that only skinny people are beautiful, but I prefer to enjoy an ice cream with my kids, a good dinner with a man who makes me shiver and a coffee with my friends. With time we gain weight because we accumulate so much information and wisdom in our heads that when there is no more room it distributes out to the rest of our bodies. So we aren't heavy, we are enormously cultured, educated and happy. Beginning today, when I lookat my butt in the mirror I will think, 'Good gosh, look how smart I am!' "

5 Comments:

At 7:23 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

He looks way too grown up! Enjoy every second time is flying.

 
At 9:14 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Good for you for getting up and getting it done early!

As per the email, I totally agree with it. One thing that does irk me about our society is that we equate thin with healthy, which is not the case. Healthy comes in lots of shapes and sizes, and I think we should exercise for reasons that go beyond weight loss.

 
At 8:24 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

I agree with the email/jess. Not only does thin seem to equal healthy (which is such a farse since many thin people are more unhealthy than their heftier counterparts), it equals smart, hardworker, etc. Such a load of crap. I'd rather be a little heavier and totally badass than a skinny little twig any day.

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I agree, skinny doesn't equal fit or healthy. But in my own world and body, I could stand to lose a few pounds while getting in better shape. I am not so worried about numbers on a scale but being able to keep up with Miller and button my pants.

 
At 1:30 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

Good lord, I'm over educated! I've got to slim down by watching game shows!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home