Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Working Machine and a Phobia

I am in a panic to get things done for work so I can relax on our vacation. We had a re-org a week ago so normal crazy has now been compounded with additional meetings and overbookings. Not to mention some last minute items my former boss snuck in today that I just finished up.

I like being busy, I like where I think we are headed, and I am up to some new challenges but for crying out loud, there are only so many hours within the day!

Side question: Ryan and I have been bickering over the fish tank. I clean it, feed the fish, etc. but have one small phobia; I don't like to stick my hands all the way down in the tank to grab onto the rocks. It creeps me out knowing all the little things are living in it. I have always hated seaweed in the lake and the thought of creepy crawlies getting on me. I try very hard to not think about this when we go to the beach. Because of this phobia, we have a mounting battle over who's doing what with it.

Anyone else see this as a problem (me not wanting to touch the stuff) or Ryan thinking I need to grow up and touch it?

6 Comments:

At 6:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you and Ryan perceive the fish tank as a problem, I say get rid of the fish tank. Coyote Mama

 
At 7:23 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Compromise. Have Miller do it. He's old enough for chores, right?

 
At 11:41 AM , Blogger Froyd said...

I agree with Jess, the boy's gotta learn responsibility and getting him started early is a good idea.

The only foreseeable problem is him getting matchbox cars stuck in the filtration system.

 
At 12:11 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

I say if you clean the tank and feed the fish...it's big Daddy's job to reach to the bottom!

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

I agree with Jess..Miller is totally ready for the responsibility. Ryan, I wouldn't just worry about the filtration system...just think of all the cool places he could jam those cars into! So much fun!

P.S. Regardless of what's going on with work, when you get to vacation time I hope you can say screw it all and enjoy yourself. I think a nice, big fruity drink will help get things off on the right foot.

 
At 6:20 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Sorry Ryan, that's part of the marriage division of labor law - your spouse can opt out of something if she finds it disgusting or creepy! Luckily the parental chore assignment law will work in your favor as you will soon be able to pawn it off on Miller!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home