Thursday, May 27, 2010

New House and FAST Internet

Warning: scattered post

We moved to the new house Saturday with help from friends and family (muscle and babysitters). We have been working hard to get things in order but have pretty much run out of steam. We will tackle some more this weekend. This is the first time I have sat down to test out the new wireless in the house. My goodness, what speed! Now I know what I have been missing and wouldn't go back ever again! We weren't on dial up but in comparison, I think we might have been. LOL!

We do not have our computer really set up so that means we haven't uncovered the camera cord to load pictures. So, you will just have to wait a little longer for the pics.

Miller did ok with the move but was definitely bothered by it. He didn't like the house being a mess and things not quite in order. In fact, I was asked why he didn't have his laundry basket in his room and his clothes were on the floor. He didn't like that extra mess in his room. Hmm...maybe he needs some chores.

New bed frame, bed, and chairs arrived this week. Oh so heavenly. I don't know how we lived with a queen bed for two adults, one 50lb dog, and a 12lb cat. Having a king is heavenly.

Floors are done (tile and carpet). Laundry room will be completed this weekend with working new appliances (yay!). The entry, Miller's room, living, and dining rooms all are painted. I hope to tackle our bedroom this weekend. After that, the two guest rooms can wait.

I have a ton of purchases to make with some gift cards for drawer organizers and weird stuff like that. I can't wait to get my shopping groove on. Things are slowly coming together.

We officially close on the old house tomorrow night. There will be a sigh of relief and a glass or two of wine had in celebration of another "milestone" in life. No more moves for a while now. One every 8 years is soon enough.

2 Comments:

At 12:12 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Still so giddy for you guys. I can't wait to see the pics and the house itself when I get back. It's a ton of work, but new furniture and redecorating must be a blast. See you in Fargo!

 
At 1:10 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Cant wait for photos. I am so excited for you all! Have a wonderful life in the new house.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home