Tuesday, April 20, 2010

One Step Closer-No Jinxing

I haven't been good at keeping up with blogging so here's the latest house hunting update. Two Saturday's ago, we went looking. We found one house we both liked a lot and put in an offer. I flew out Sunday morning for work. I landed in Denver, received a phone call that they didn't accept our offer but we accepted their counter offer. Then it was a waiting game for the appraisal (what burned or saved us last time-take your pick on how that went).

Fast forward to crappy PMI drama (new rules=more out of pocket up front). Blah blah blah.

The appraisal came back today lower than the price we settled on. It was in the seller's court again. They accepted! So the last major hurdle to this house becoming ours is the inspection on Friday morning. My assumption is unless there is some extreme damage we can't see with the naked eye, we are good to go.

I will share details and pictures after I know I haven't jinxed this one. Keep the positive thoughts coming. We are in the home stretch!

2 Comments:

At 12:01 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Congrats! When you called Ryan at raquetball last night, I figured it was good news, so I prodded him for details and he reluctantly gave them up. Sounds like a great new home!

 
At 7:11 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Jon said Ryan shared some photos and info - this place sounds even more fabulous than the last place. Can't wait to see it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home