Monday, July 16, 2007

Flashback to the weekend

Warning-for those that don't want to hear about tampons, read no further. For those that want a little chuckle to kick start their day, read on.

So, I forgot to post this yesterday. Here's the background story. For 15 years or so I have used a particular brand of feminine product that none of my friends use. After many years of being the nice friend and lady at work for those in need of a personal product (and being turned down many times) I ran into a person that actually uses the same brand as me! I met her at happy hour and realized we are very similar. At one moment, the tampon topic came up. She said I was the only other person she knew that used the same kind. Instant bonding. Keep that in mind for future stories, none tonight.

Flash forward from Friday night at the bar to Sunday at Target. I decided to stock up and was about to put a box in the cart (Ryan was pushing and coming from the video section) when the box I was carrying fell out ALL over the floor. Even I was too devestated to scurry on my hands and knees and pick them all up. I know, silly, unused = no shame. I had the giggles for several hours afterwards. Ryan darted down another aisle faster than I could say holy shit. I panicked, looked around, asked him if I should pick them up, and then turned away and ran down another aisle. The funniest part was me trying to avoid the spillage while some poor stock boy had to pick them all up and other people muttered about it.

Maybe some of you are now mortified but I have the giggles again. Wait, maybe that is because I kicked Ryan's butt at Wii bowling yet again-3 games in a row!

5 Comments:

At 9:33 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Check back with me once you've pooped yourself, then we'll talk "embarassing"; until then, Ryan can thank his lucky stars he's married to someone who merely spills tampons all over the grocery store.

And since they were all over the floor, you should've taken that as a sign from God that you're living in pre-historic tampon land. Upgrade, my dear, upgrade.

 
At 9:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're still using "those" tampons, that is just not right!

I agree with Jess, you need to upgrade from the cavewoman tampons.

 
At 7:42 AM , Blogger Erin said...

You are all just scared of them and uncomfortable with trusting yourselves...if you get my drift.

 
At 9:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just the other day I thought about you and "those" things.

I agree wtih Jess on 2 counts
1) she has you beat with the poop yourself deal
2) upgrade, even if its just a trial run here and there

But I guess your doing your part to save the world from more trash.....

 
At 6:13 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Your an OB girl?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home