Friday, May 09, 2014

Time Flies

Time flies...

When you are having fun.

We have had a fun "winter" and spring with lots of birthday parties, visitors, and play dates. It seems like the "fun" is always over too quickly but luckily, there is always more around the corner.

When you have kids.

The one thing that used to annoy me when I was pregnant or when the kids were babies was when people told me they grow up fast and time flies. At those moments in time, I was always thinking the next milestone couldn't come fast enough. It seems like yesterday I was in the hospital giving birth to Miller. I can't believe he has less than 20 days left of kindergarten! As for Mason, he's just about potty trained (darn #2 - no pun intended). They keep us busy and we never have much "down" time in this house.

When you are busy.

Yes, we all know the work day flies by when you are busy but the weekends fly by even faster when you have chores and fun plans to squeeze in. My to do list keeps growing. I doubt I will ever be list free.

You may be wondering what brought on this post topic. Basically I took today off to catch my breath. It's May already and I don't know where the first 4 months of the year have gone. Part of me would like to tackle the things on my list so that when tomorrow comes (the weekend) I don't have to spend time trying to squeeze those chores in. The other part of me wants to pause time and do nothing. Literally. No shopping, no cleaning, no reading. Just sit in silence and enjoy it. I know I can't handle that so I think I will give myself 20 minutes to veg and then tackle that list I keep referencing. How do you balance as the things in your life you want to accomplish? Do any of you own a time machine or cloning device?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home