Sunday, March 30, 2014

G&G Froyd Visit

Grandma and Grandpa Froyd paid us a visit during Miller's Spring Break and for Ryan's birthday. It was great timing because I was busy at work and Miller had the whole week off. We kept Mason in school so that meant extra one on one time for Miller.

Miller and Grandpa put quite a few miles on the bikes. Miller and Grandma read quite a few pages (130+ was the last count I heard) of Dick and Jane. There was cookie baking, slot car races, pool time, lunches out, and lots of play time. I don't know who had more fun or who wore out who the fastest.

Don't worry about Mason. He got plenty of time in too on the weekend and in the evenings. Bed time was a wash for the week.

We all played hookie on Friday and went for an airboat ride. Miller and Mason could have touched the gator in the Everglades if I let them. The driver had us super close. I had my arms around Mason's waist but Ryan and the guy in the front row begged to differ on how much control I had. They were both worried I was going to let Mason lean over and get eaten.

We all liked the ride. I wish it was about a half hour longer. The area with the gators, crocs, turtles and other animals is small but about the right size for the boys attention span.The highlight for Miller was seeing a Florida Panther poop in front of us. Mason liked petting the alligators.

Ryan had a nice birthday. He had the day off. We quickly opened presents before I went to work and Mason went to school. Unfortunately, that was the day Marshall got hit with pink eye and a sore throat. He ended up in a walk in clinic to get some meds. Boo.

Ryan and I skipped out on asking for a date night and took advantage of a Saturday free to go buy a car. It took all day but I don't think we could have done it with the kids in tow. Extra thanks to G&G for that day. Luckily, that was at the beginning of the trip so they got to take advantage of the new ride. :)

2 Comments:

At 6:19 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Sounds like a fun week for you guys too. Who got the new ride and what is it? Jon and I cannot wait till we buy his new truck next Fall...

 
At 6:23 AM , Blogger Erin said...

It was me. I got a new Tahoe. LOVE IT!

Is Jon holding out for the 2015 F150's?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home